- Articles must be written in the A4 format, in the MS Word program, either in Trans Baskerville or Times New Roman font.
- The title must be white, in capital letters and 12 font size. It must be center-aligned. Main, interval and sub-headings can be used in the text. Main headings will be bold, in capital letters, 10 font size, and left aligned; sub-headings will be bold, 10 font size, in small letters and left aligned. 6 nk space should be left between the headings and the paragraphs.
- The name and surname of the author shall be written under the main title with 12 nk space, with 10 font size, white, in capital letters and center aligned. The sign (*) shall be put in the bottom of the page with the title, address and e-mail information in 8 font size.
- The text shall be 10 font size and justified. 5.8 cm from above, 5.8 cm from the bottom, 4.5 cm from left and right space shall be left. Page breaks should be 3 nk. The spaces between the paragraphs shall be 6 nk and the paragraph indent should be 0.8 cm.
- The header-footer: the text in the header shall include the author’s name and surname in the even pages, in the odd pages, the header shall have a meaningful summary of the text in capital letters and in 8 font size. In the two other copies, these spaces should be left empty. The header will be 4,45 cm and the footer will be 0 cm.
- The page numbers shall be included in the first page of the article in a way that it shall not be seen, inside the header, in 8 font size and in the left and right top of the page.
- References shall be started 1 cm from the paragraph indent after they exceed 5 lines, written in 1 font size inside the quotations marks. References less than 5 lines shall be given in italics inside the text. The statements needed to be emphasized shall also be italicized.
- Footnotes shall be written in 8 font size and single space. The paragraph indent should be 1 cm and justified. There should not be any line separator for the footnotes. The references inside the text shall be given in the footnotes beginning from number 1. Besides these, there should be no references inside the text. For the sources given in the footnotes, the book and the journal titles shall be in italics, the article names given inside the quotation marks. The source’s full imprint shall be written when it appears for the first time in the text, then abbreviations like a.g.e (ibid), a.g.m or a.g.t should be used. If more than one book and article by the same author is used, after the first usage of the second source, the surname of the author, then the full or shortened name for the book or article shall be written. In the Case of the references with more than one author, all authors shall be written at the first time and given in the shortened style afterwards.
Article: İsmail Hakkı Uzunçarşılı, “Osmanlılarda ilk Vezirlere Dair Mutalea”, Belleten, c. III/ sy. 9 [or III/9] (1939), p. 101.